Friday 5 January 2018

My 2017

hello magnificent world!
i think this is the longest gap between my latest update since 2016!

literally im talking to myself all alone on my blog not sure if theres anyone out there who keep checking on my blog.
well tbh i dont remember i got a blog until my workmate googled my name 😑 (blog saya yang keluar paling atas) and so there this two lovely husband and wife from Netherlands, they were our special guest in our hotel, among of people around the world, they already read my blog because honestly, i dont have any facebook account ,  so they googled my name and as the result, they found it.

as requested by them,   Mr Jan and wife, i will try my best to write it all on official international language.
pardon me for my limited vocabulary and broken english .
anyway, cheers and blessed new year for both of you!

well...workmate?
yes.

26th of January last year, i started my first and most memorable journey as a waitress partimer in a hotel here in KK. i still remember the first 3 days i cried as soon as i came home from work because it seems so hard for me to make friends since i was the youngest among them. we were like 3-40 years old gap and apparently when you didnt really know each other, the communications turned out really awkward. i cant even call or shout their name whenever i need to ask for something, it just made all the tasks harder than it actually was.-- you see, things like this happened to everyone. and it all about mindset. of course, you learn your lesson.

few weeks later, i finally  made it to the same track with. i observe, learn and do new things led by my pure desire in hospitality industry. and the most important thing is that, we were slowly getting closer and closer each day thru our ups and downs..

we work, we play, we sing, we eat, we dance we shop we basically do everything  and live together. live together? yes. approximately 9-12 hours a day together every 6 days in a week. just until the end of the year, as my resignation letter which effective on 31st of December , has changed and took away all the fun and the wake-up-to-see-each-other kind of life. in the last few days of working, i was all mentally preparing for my last day together with them and to step into new phase of my life.

it all made me realized that my 2017..is THEM. i honestly do not know how to say it in a proper way... i can sum up my 2017 is all about the time we spent together. i learnt so so so much this year , basically all the things that i should learn. people on my age, they might learn to make friends in a new school with people same age and further their study. but in my path, it is beyond just to make friend and study. i learnt the pressure in work field, on how to control and train myself, learnt to improve my interpersonal skill, learnt to build trust between employer and employee, i learnt how people out there really treat each other, i really learnt the value of money and saving, i learnt to make time to my family and friends, i learnt to be independent and i learnt that 'maturity has nothing to do with age'. personally, im truly comfortable to be in an environment where people are way older than me. i found it easy and pleased and free for me to talk and act like my age. (i dont have to explain myself btw just let's be friend and i'll let you judge me) . my friends has taught me many many things, as they also have their own life to live. --how to loan the car, the license process, the banking, the recipes, life lesson (etc) and from that i see life from their point of view.

Tuntasnya, they meant so much for me as i was just starting and living my 18 years old life, they know me well and i learn about them as well. i might be the youngest, and the 'ex-colleague' to them, for real, they dont have any idea how much i love them and that they have special place in my heart. i love them from the utmost and i dont think they know that they are one of my reason to work hard this year as im going to further study in just few more days. they are my motivation, kick-start, for the next phase of my life.

i feel really loved when im with them. on the last day of working, we had this exchange gift among us for new year and surprisingly they did have prepared some gifts for me too! you see, it took EFFORT to do that. and some people just wont count if they truly pleasure to do so.they spent their time to shop and money that they actually could use to buy their own need. i really really appreciate all the efforts. and i promised myself TO NOT CRY during my last day working, but in the middle of the work, my friend suddenly drop his tears like seriously ALL OF SUDDEN and it happened to few friends too. i honestly didnt know who am i how much do i mean for them or how sad they were for me. and so i broke my own promise to myself. and i was glad to have the chance to hug each of them because i am a hug person. i hug those who i love the most...

>>happy new year<<

two days later, they kept posting things about me like my punchcard, my cup that i purposely left (so that everytime they use it will reminds them of me heheheh) and sent me all the crazy funny videos that we did last year and some pictures as well. personally it broke my heart that they have to miss me and if i have to responsible for their sadness during new year. but you see, it all means that the bonding and friendship didnt end just like that, we are not only friends during work but they are friends that worth to keep for life.

and it apparently has led to our gathering last night.. i feel so so so on top of the world as i see them coming one by one to our barbeque spot and we really had a good time together we eat we drink we play we sing together.oh ya, singing is one thing that we all love to do. i can say it is our obvious common. we were like singing all the time during work back then. we could make up a team you know.

After all, i thank God. i thank God for everything. i really thank God for giving me the chance to live this phase in my life. i thank God for having them in my growth. i know and im sure that we are not just meant to cross the same path for a while, but are meant to stay forever.



to all my friends above,

cheers! to many more years together.

thanks for the love
thanks for showing up
and thanks for e v e r y thing.


wish you guys happy new year and may life brings you eternal happiness and joy to a great days ahead.







Forever love,
NENG


No comments:

Post a Comment